Tuesday, July 1, 2008

When Night Falls

This page actually precedes the others in order. It is right when night falls on Sactown and Cornelius is explaining the corruption of city. Note the politically friendly graffiti. I'm not completely sold on this page for two reasons:
1) I'm not sure upper right frame is as a contrast to his Cornelius dramatic narration. It's supposed to be humorous, but may just come off confusing. I thought about placing the silhouette of a drug deal or a lady of the night, but I just didn't want to make it so seedy in conjunction with the mattress tag. I know it's hard to process this without the text in place.
2) The visual on the Peck running through the bottom frame. Feels messy right now. I'll sleep on it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i like the setting and feel for sure - but i agree about the last panel ... although, it may make more sense if the following page made clear that it was the peck running through

mestioko said...

Thanks, Rich. Yeah, it's funny how quick scribbly roughs can look so much more on target. I really wanted more of a motion blur effect on his legs in the bottom panel (short of creating it in P-shop). I tinkered with it once it was scanned in and it didn't help. I'll study up on the appearance of more blurred shots and repost a replacement panel.